Friday, June 13, 2008

Crazy Fun

Lagoon! It’s where fun is!

We went to Stake Lagoon Day yesterday. I took my son to Lagoon for the first time last year. We just went in for free without ride passes and got him a pass and let him ride what he could. This time we went all out. I got a pass too, took the day off and he and I arrived at opening time.

My son and I rode

Dracula’s Castle – nothing scares this kid, The Space Scrambler (twice) – a classic and lots of fun for both of us, Tilt-a-whirl – didn’t get as may good spins as I usually can, this ride took a while to get on because some little girl waiting in line got her knee stuck in the fence and they had us all wait while they resolved the problem, Paratroopers (twice) – deceivingly simple, we had great fun on this one, I think it gives more of the sensation of flying than even The Bat, The Sky Scraper – great view, kind of boring, Flying Aces – this has always been one of my favorites, again deceivingly simple, but if you do it right you get quite a ride, Dinosaur Drop & Lady Bug Bop – two fun smaller versions of the Rocket: Re Entry, OdySea (twice) – good if you want to get wet, pretty busy since it’s new, The log flume (twice) – no line, we went twice in a row, as far as I know it’s the only one that my son got enough of a rush out of to have to close his eyes, if you’re not aware, he’s only 3, Rattlesnake Rapids (twice) – very wet and very fun, The Musik Express – again one of the classics, my son loved it, Tidal Wave – this is one I’ve historically avoided because it freaks me out, we tried nearer the middle and I found I can handle that much better, the boy older than mine straight across from us screamed, “I’m going to die!”, The Rock-O-Plane – I’ve generally avoided this one as well and was surprised we could ride it together, my son loved it when I locked us upside down, we did it over and over, some teenage girl commented about my son as we left the ride, “Oh look he’s so cute” which I assume was just her expression of surprise at such a little guy doing that ride, Puff the Little Fire Dragon – after some of the stuff I took him on, this was nothing, I realized how boring the little kid rides are, but he loved big and small alike, Kontiki – little version of the Tidal Wave, it was ok, The Sky Ride – nice calm ride over the park, my son has no fear, he tried to lean out and look around, The Terror Ride – I think I was freaked out by the two scary rides when I was young, my son likes them, they are much less scary as an adult, The Dragon Fly – little swing set, I barely fit in, I told my wife, “I think I strained something putting that seatbelt on,” I think all the parents standing around the ride were laughing at me.

My son rode

Bulgy, The Red Barron, Scamper – I think these little bumper cars lend a little too much control of the ride to such little tikes, my son was stuck spinning around and around until he burst into tears (funny it’s the only ride that made him cry) We kept yelling, “Turn the wheel all the way around” but to no avail, Sky Fighter, The Speedway Jr. – this ride was fun for him, my wife and I got a little tired of the woman ahead of us with the unruly kids, Moonraker.

My wife and son rode

The Carousel – I hear he rode on the frog. I was waiting in line for Wicked.

We all rode

The Wild Kingdom Train – poor animals in cement cages, but my son loves trains, so what can you do?

I rode

Wicked – wild and fun, definitely the one of the best in the park, The Wild Mouse – ho hum, The Bat - yawn, The Rocket: Blast Off – caught me off guard and took my breath away, I never even had a chance to scream.

No comments: