Monday, January 28, 2008

President Hinckley's Passing

I feel at peace with the news of President Hinckley's passing. What a great man and what a long and wonderful life. I sustained him as a Prophet, Seer and Revelator and I am so thankful for the great blessing he was to my life. He became the prophet just before I started seminary and memorized who the first presidency and apostles were. He signed my mission call. I love him and was always inspired by his example. I feel like I did when President Faust passed away. There is a man who has gone to a glorious and honorable return home. There is no reason for sadness or worry. The Lord is still at the head of the church and He will now call others to serve. In fact, I am always excited at the prospect of new calls to the apostleship.

No comments: